I present these few pitiful remnants of history only so that it is documented how the Doom fell upon us. History may judge us the fools for not seeing what was so plainly before us, or history may call us the victims of a cruel ambush by the forces of Chaos, lurking in the blackness of the night sky and Underearth. Regardless of how history judges us, the five years prior to the Doom had clues to our fate. – Priest Nickolus, Church of the Light, Befallion Temple
The Doom is the accepted name of the series of events that befell the Lands of Men nearly 60 ago. It has seen events of such a large and violent nature that most accept that something has caused this to happen, although th reasons are as many as there are living souls in the lands. Regardless of the reason, The Doom has altered the nature of things in a dramatic and irreversible way. Civilization is on the decline, the forces of Chaos and Bestials seem to have the momentum and it is hard to see how the future may unfold.
5 Years Prior
- The great convergence of the planets as foretold by Elvish and ancient Human lore.
- The Great Silver Sphere falls to the ground near Irecia. It is gathered by the scholars of Irecia to be studied.
- The first recorded contact of a strange Orc religion in the depths of the mountain regions.
4 Years Prior
- Irecian scholars call for a conference of arcane and divine masters to study the Silver Sphere, unable to discern its nature or anything else about it.
3 Years Prior
2 Years Prior
- Upon the casting of great arcane spells, the Silver Sphere reacts and the subsequent explosion destroys a portion of the University. Study of the Sphere is discontinued.
- The first recorded cases of The Damned, a strange disease or curse, are recorded in Valenia.
- First records of increased Goblyn and Orc attacks on the borderlands of the Sithasten and Oreterra Mountains.
1 Year Prior
- Irecia declares a quarantine of the city and surrounding villages due to the outbreak of the Damned.
- Littleling clans close their borders with Human lands and sever most trading routes.
- Several human religions declare conclaves to study what appear to ominous events – comets, strange portents.
- First recorded attacks by strange sea-creatures upon coastal and island cities.
Year of the Doom
- On first day of Spring, a meteor shower turns into a storm which destroys many cities and villages. The weather turns unnaturally cold.
- The Bestials and other creatures from the mountains and wild-lands attack Human lands in all directions. A vast amount of land is captured within days. Strange magical weapons are recorded to have been used.
- A volcano erupts near the island city of Ramathia. Huge earthquakes are recorded across the lands, including the Sithasten Mountains, causing untold loss of life.
- King Theopold XXIV orders the Legions to “retreat and hold” at various strategic points across Human lands. The Great Exodus occurs from the abandoned borderlands into the various Duchies.